Wednesday, March 07, 2007

How to stop the Iran war before Bush starts it.

The Winter Patriot:
If I were King for a Day, I'd issue a Royal Decree instructing all my Subjects to read Arthur Silber's three-part series, "Dispatch from Germany, Summer of 1939".

Parts I and II provide essential background, but here I want to focus on Part III, which carries the subtitle "Building an Effective Resistance".
Two or three years hence, no one will be happier than I to look back on this time and laugh about how worried we were about what turned out to be nothing in the end. [...] That is not a chance I am willing to take. Even if my assessment should turn out to be completely wrong, the steps suggested below would be wonderfully good practice, in the awful event that an equally maniacal administration should hold power in the future. It would be enormously useful and comforting to know that an effective force of resistance can be built to check the mad ambitions of those who hold the reins of power.
More

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home