Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Why Clyde has been away...

Some of you know, and many do not know...
I lost my father Tuesday February 13. He was 91.
The illness was brief. (He felt good the preceding
Saturday morning, started to feel bad Saturday
evening, and we had him transported Sunday afternoon)

I think he knew that he wouldn't be returning home...

He was in ICU at Baptist, and passed peacefully
around 1:30 am. I don't know for sure, because the
clocks were a little blurred around then.

My mother is 89, and they were man and wife for
over 67 years. As you can imagine this isn't easy for her.
Yet also remember that she was a farmer's wife.
They don't get to be 89 without being tough.

Her eyesight is failing and she is frail. So, I will
be devoting a lot of time to her care.

If you are interested his obituary is here.
(Trish, my wife, wrote it, asking all the while if she
was being too pushy. She wasn't.)

We are now starting to deal with the aftermath,
psychological, fiscal and all those other -als.

I will just be a little more distracted at times and busier
at less usual things, -for me anyway.


My best to you.
...and take the time to tell those whom you love, that you love them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger retank said...

My sincerest condolences Clyde.


Robert Tankersley

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home