Saturday, January 20, 2007

What normal person would say things like this?

Cynk Uygur at Huffington

I should be used to it by now, but I am still flabbergasted every time I see yet another example of how painfully stupid our president is. This time it was during an interview with Jim Lehrer on PBS. Lehrer asked the president if he'd asked anyone but the troops to sacrifice for the Iraq War.

Watch his pathetic response here.

Come on, man. "I think a lot of people are in this fight. I mean, they sacrifice peace of mind when they see the terrible images of violence on TV every night." Are you kidding me? So, the rest of us sacrifice by watching TV? Wow, don't ask us for too much.

[...]

In the end, I was left wondering if the president is so monstrously unsympathetic to the real plight of our troops in Iraq that he can't understand why these words might seem uncaring or if he is so monstrously stupid that he thinks making light of their sacrifice will go over well with the rest of us. Then I realized, of course, the answer is both.

More

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home