Sunday, November 12, 2006

I guess I'm a 'conservative' liberal...

Here I thought I was a Democrat Liberal. Now all the pundits tell me the election was an affirmation of how conservative America really is. Sooo... Since I'm cool with the way the election turned out, and I'm happy with the politics of the elected candidates, ...guess I'm a conservative liberal.

Susan G at Daily KOS

They've been beating the drums for 72 hours now - "conservative Democrats, conservative Democrats, conservative Democrats." Both Hunter and Markos tried to set the punditocracy straight, but I suspect this probably does as much good as spitting in the wind. So I'm ready to go all contrarian and Zen on right-wing blowhards and embrace the label.

Yes, I'm a "conservative Democrat" and I agree with the upcoming agenda I've seen floating around here and there: oversight hearings on Iraq and spending, raising the minimum wage, nationalizing health insurance for everyone under 25 as Howard Dean suggested on The Daily Show, using skillful diplomacy as a first resort and military force as a last one, restoring the checks and balances of the Constitution, outlawing torture, re-legalizing habeas corpus.

These are "conservative" ideas? Cool. I'm hinky with it. Call them what you like, just implement them.

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home