Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Stop Congress. Billions For Bombs Not Brains

From My Left Wing:

"There are times when less words, say more. Perhaps, the proper axiom is “Nobody does, or says it better,” than Paul Rieckhoff, Executive Director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. I know not which statement is most fitting. However, I trust there is little I can say to introduce this request. Please stop Congress; they plan to reduce the funding for veterans brain injury treatment."

"America sponsors the war effort with billions of dollars. Its citizens and Congress proudly proclaim “Support Our Troops.” We affirm the troops are fighting to “keep us safe.” Meanwhile, when an individual soldier can no longer serve, when his or her brain barely functions because they took a blow for US, we no longer care for them. It is all so sad to me. Therefore, Executive Director Rieckhoff and I ask you to assist."

"Please Stop Congress' Plan to Slash Funding for Treatment of Troops' Brain Injuries"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home